What is Moringa?
Moringa is a tree that is found in tropical and subtropical regions such as India, Africa, South America, Southwest Asia. The whole element of this miracle tree is edible as its features provide abundant health benefits. Elements like the bark and the leaves are capable as sources of food and as a plant medicine.
Moringa leaves can be consumed as fresh or cooked. For storing it many people freeze them for prolonged use. Often it is, moringa is utilized in the form of dried powder because in this form it can be stored for a long time without loss of its nutritional value. The bark and roots of moringa are mostly made of sap. Seeds can be consumable as well.
Moringa leaves powder is also recognized as an especially natural and herbal nutritious health value having the presence of a diversity of important phytochemicals and antioxidants properties present in its leaves, seeds, and pods.
Nutritional rate of Moringa
Moringa is booming with nutritional supplements such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants:
- Vitamin A,
- Vitamin B2 and B6,
- Vitamin C,
- Vitamin E,
- Vitamin K,
How to consume Moringa powder in your daily diet?
The powder color is green and relishes like spinach and the crucial part is that one can easily infuse the same into the daily routine. You can smear the powder on salads, eggs, pasta or utilize it in bakery items such as bread, brownies, muffins, and cookies. You can also use it in dips, soups, stews, juices, smoothies, and others.
1. It is popular as a superfood
The powder ranges under the kind of superfood. The iron quantity is better than spinach and enriched with vitamin C than lemon. This is not all, it also has 4 times better calcium than milk, 3 times more potassium present than bananas, more protein than dairy supplements, and 4 times more vitamin A as compared to carrots. Yes, of course, it is recognized as a miracle powder.
2. Useful in weight loss
If you are concerned about the put-on weight and you want to burn it then should infuse this powder as the same regulates us full for a longer period (thanks to fiber) and assists to neglect the waste calories. Also, the antioxidant referred to as chlorogenic acid works as an organic fat burner.
3. Useful for diabetics & flushes out toxins
The powder acts as a medicine for diabetics as it lowers the amount of blood sugar as well as lipids levels. As per several cleansers, the powder also stimulates the flushes toxins from your body and cleans up the liver.
4. Anti-inflammatory properties
Oxidative stress damages our body due to free radicals, cell harmless, and early ageing and that’s why it is very essential to involve antioxidant-rich food elements in our diet to diminish the free radicals and inflammation.
Use moringa extract in powder form which is loaded with flavonoids, polyphenols, and ascorbic. The same will also build our immune system and prohibit progressing serious health trauma. The powder also keeps constipation at bay, stomach ulcers, and the rate of infections.
5. Improve body immunity and metabolism
In the market, this Moringa is superior to the probability of synthetic multivitamin and calcium adjunct present today and supplementation with not only amplifying your system immunity but also useful in experiencing overall well-being.
Consuming this herbal medicine as a habit of your daily diet and health wellness can progress the body’s natural immune system to collect and maintain energy all through the day.
6. Bone Health
Consuming Moringa in both ways like fresh leaves or dried/powder form is useful in building bone immunity as well as enhancing the muscular tissues due to the existence of calcium and phosphorus.
7. Control the cholesterol Levels
Cholesterol is a trending health concern topic everywhere. To control the cholesterol level in a proper amount the moringa powder lowers the cholesterol levels in patients by a crucial amount.
8. High quantity of bioactive compounds
Bioactive compounds inbuilt with the vitamins, flavonoids, alkaloids, and other essential dietary food items, can be observed in enriched with moringa powder. These compounds are essential in curing chronic issues like high blood pressure (which can cause heart issues and other conditions), diabetes, insulin resistance, non-alcoholic liver problems, cancer, and overall infections.
9. Avoids the risk of Tumors
moringa powder may be helpful in all types of tumors. Due to its medicinal properties, it acts effectively to cure skin cancer.
10. Helpful for Stomach and Liver Disorders
Moringa leaves, seeds, and pods have manifold hepatoprotective characteristics and have been observed in stomach-related disorders such as irregular bowel syndrome, gastritis, lipids colitis, and heartburn that take place due to acid reflux.
Moringa powder is also useful in digestion and healthy weight balance as it forms the food conversion to energy rather than collecting it as fat.
The recommended portion of Moringa powder is 2 to 6 gms, sometimes, it is secure to end with the exact with a half teaspoon. Consult your expert before you want to include Moringa powder in your diet for better results.
Moringa leaves are an ample source of natural protein and are very helpful for people who have high protein needs in their meals as 100 grams of Moringa leaves offers about 17.5% Protein of our daily intake.
How to use moringa powder in a recipe as a companion with desi ghee
For an easy method or ordinary advice on dosage, you can have a ¼ to ½ teaspoon Moringa powder along with the warm water, once or twice daily. Also, you can have the extract with a teaspoon of organic desi ghee for overall nutrition or with honey to improve the rate of metabolism. When infused with warm milk and honey to control the Vata.
Image shows the ingredient of the recipe we will see how to roast makhana:
1> Take a pan and 2 tablespoons of cow ghee in it, after melting the ghee add 1 cup of Makhana and dry roast them on very low heat with continuous stirring for 4-5 minutes until they get crisp, without making it burn.
2> Get to know about the proper crisp, just take one Makhana and crush it in between two fingers, if it splits nicely with a crunching sound that means they are ready.
3> Again, use the main ingredient grass-fed cow ghee in the pan, then insert the dry moringa (drumstick leaves) powder, sprinkle chat masala powder, and add salt as per taste, mix it well before serving and off the gas.
Are There Any Potential Drawbacks?
Moringa and its leaves, while generally recognised as safe and beneficial for most of the people, may not be appropriate for everyone. It’s imperative to be aware of some small side effects connected with the moringa. In large doses, the leaves, bark, roots, and fruit of the moringa plant may display laxative properties.
- For pregnant women, the roots, bark, and some of the extract of Moringa could potentially influence uterine contractions, requiring some of the consultation with a healthcare professional before implementing moringa leaves or products into their diets.
- Similarly, breastfeeding women are suggested to resist Moringa leaves because of uncertainty concerning whether certain chemicals or substances present could pass through the milk to the child.
- In some scenarios, Moringa leaf powder has been found to consist of higher-than-recommended bearable amounts of lead. It is imperative to source any obtained from reputable companies to ensure safety.
- Lastly, individuals on blood thinners should implement some caution and consult their doctors before the intake of Moringa. While generally safe when consumed in moderation, it’s necessary to approach its use with caution and look out for professional suggestions when needed.
- The excessive intake of moringa, associated with its high iron consistency, may result in gastrointestinal distress, involving diarrhea.
- Moringa consists of iron, and an overabundance of iron in the body can lead to hemochromatosis, leading to potential damage to the heart, liver, and pancreas. Individuals with such conditions should exercise caution when consuming the moringa supplementation.
- Moringa is believed to influence the liver’s processing of certain medications, potentially modifying their efficacy or breakdown. This communication may pose a risk of liver damage. It is suggested to consult with a healthcare provider to figure out whether moringa might interact with any medications being consumed.
- Moringa’s impacts on blood sugar levels may have certain risks for individuals with diabetes, specifically those already utilizing insulin. It is imperative for individuals with diabetes to consult with their healthcare providers before implementing moringa into their dietary regimen.
These are many amazing advantages of the Moringa Tree and its extracts in powder form which have to categorize its place in a list of Superfoods; you can add a tbsp of Moringa powder with an infusion with organic desi ghee to add more flavor to dishes made by moringa to your diet for experiencing its immense health benefits. Keep in mind one thing while choosing ghee, always go for quality products direct from Suresh farm made by traditional bilona method. You can also order it from our online store: https://sureshdesighee.com/
You may also like
- Pure Desi Ghee Price Online: 1 kg Ghee Price is Rs 2390/-
- When and how to give ghee to your baby, infant, and its health benefits?
- 10 Things most people don’t know about Indian desi cow ghee
- Ayurvedic Eye Treatment: Netra Tarpana (Ghee Eye Bath)
- Desi Ghee for Sinus Problem| Ayurvedic Remedy |Benefits of Desi Ghee