What is a keto diet? Is the keto diet safe in the long term? What are these keto fans, everywhere on the internet? You would have seen many posts on social media by celebrities or your friends who shared their keto experiences. And you kept wondering how can you burn fat even after not cutting down on fats?
Here is everything you want to know if you are new to this ketosis or keto diet.
What is the Ketogenic Diet Or The Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet is low carb with a high-fat diet. The intake of carbohydrates is reduced by replacing them with fats. Thus, this reduction of carbohydrates in your body puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
The liver produces ketones every time. But when most of your diet contains carbs and proteins, ketogenesis slows down. Replacing the carbs and protein intake with fats puts your body into ketosis i.e, the production of ketosis doubles. Basically, you end up burning fat instead of carbs for energy.
Read our blog – 10 things most people don’t know about Indian Desi ghee
How To Use Desi Cow Ghee In The Keto Diet?
Pure cow ghee is versatile in its use and a lot of benefits from consuming this butterfat in your keto dieting plan. You can add pure desi ghee in three ways to your keto diet.
- You can utilize ghee clarified butter medium as healthy cooking oil for keto recipes for everyday cooking. You can use it for different purposes like ghee in baking, sautéing, deep-frying, etc. You may believe that this is safe cooking oil, utilized for all types of dish preparation.
- Healthy salads are one of the favoured keto recipes. You’ll use ghee for healthy seasoning. Apart from pure ghee, you’ll use infused ghee like garlic ghee, and pink salt ghee for garlic flavour and also for salty taste, respectively.
- You can add desi grass-fed cow ghee in preparing keto-friendly bulletproof coffee. Bulletproof coffee is nothing but one of the foremost popular keto recipes where ghee becomes a worldwide choice for everyone nowadays.
- You can add desi grass-fed cow ghee in preparing keto-friendly bulletproof coffee. Bulletproof coffee is nothing but one of the most popular keto recipes and ghee has become a global choice for everybody nowadays. The high calorie of ghee offers energy and the fat content of ghee fulfils the purpose of this special coffee by reducing morning hunger.
Keto diet followers can consume ghee in their morning toast as it is the best alternative to butter. Garlic ghee, lime ghee, or pink salt ghee are made by adding your favourite flavours to the a2 desi ghee. It is the new-age cravings enhancer for keto dieters to add palate and ghee nutrition uniquely.
You can add ghee for a better result like with milk at night before going to bed or ghee with lukewarm water in the morning on an empty stomach to have all ghee keto-friendly benefits in your favour.
Read our blog – Is ghee good for acne?
Why should you follow keto diet?
- Keto diet helps you to reduce weight.
- The keto diet can have benefits for various health conditions like –
- Heart diseases
- Diabetics and pre diabetics
- Brain injuries
- Alzheimer’s disease
What to eat in a keto diet?
- Fatty fish such as salmon, trout
- Chicken, bacon, sausage
- Unprocessed cheese like mozzarella cheese.
- Almonds, walnuts, flax seeds
- Low carb vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, spinach, cauliflower, garlic, cucumbers etc.
- Fruits like strawberries
- Salt, herbs and spices
- Healthy fats like Grass-fed cow ghee and butter, olive oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter.
What not to eat in a keto diet?
- Sweet dishes or sweets
- Sugary foods like cakes, ice-cream, smoothies
- Grains like rice, wheat, pasta, oats
- Vegetables like potato, sweet potato, carrots, corn
- Fruits like bananas, apples, manago
- Unhealthy fats like peanut oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, mayonnaise etc.
Benefits of keto diet
1. Reduces weight
The ketogenic diet helps you to speed up weight loss by reducing the cravings for food. Thus it results in reduction of weight. But, there are no long term data on ketogenic diets.
2. Reduces blood sugar and insulin level
As there is cut down in the intake of carbs in a keto diet, it results in lowering the blood sugar and insulin levels. Thus, it reduces blood sugar and insulin levels in people suffering from diabetes.
3. Improves heart health
When you follow the keto diet strictly, you reduce the level of cholesterol which in turn improves the heart health. The good HDL cholesterol level increases when keto is followed.
4. Helps to fight against cancer causing cells
The keto diet reduces high blood sugar which results in the reduction of insulin complications (that in turn is associated with cancer causing cells).
5. Helps women to improve their health from PCOS
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) causes enlarged ovaries with cysts. You can reduce formation of cysts by following the keto diet. When keto diet is followed strictly, there is improved luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone etc.
Is Grass-fed cow ghee keto?
In most of the keto articles of recipes, you would have observed the use of grass-fed cow ghee in the recipes. Grass-fed ghee is considered better for cooking instead of other healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil or butter because pure ghee has a high smoking point which produces much less acrylamide, a toxic component when heated.
It has stable saturated bonds and so is less likely to form dangerous free radicals. Thus, you can cook and fry any food, with organic ghee in your day-to-day diet.
Keto requires the consumption of fats for the body, but it is important to consume healthily and the right fats. Grass-fed ghee is surely a healthy fat but does not increase the intake of grass-fed ghee to a larger extent.
When you increase the consumption of organic ghee to a larger extent it can cause further risks to your health. Even Ayurveda states that the consumption of pure ghee in a balanced diet is also a good food supplement for the body.
Though there are various myths like ghee increases weight, is not good for the heart etc but break the myths and use grass-fed ghee in your keto diet. Watch this video to learn how organic ghee helps to reduce weight.
Benefits Of Consuming Green Grass-Fed Pure Desi Ghee
- Pure ghee provides an amazing taste to the food and the bold aroma makes you get tempted.
- It contains more Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), a polyunsaturated fat which enhances the mitochondrial function of the body and is rich in nutrients.
- As organic ghee contains medium chain fatty acids which is absorbed by the liver and burnt easily, making it a healthier source of energy.
- Grass-fed cow Ghee is considered to be a sattvic food, which promotes positive mind, good health and personal growth.(Researchers claim that negative emotions have a chemical composition, in which chemicals get stored in unhealthy fats.) click here to know how pure ghee treats negative emotions like depression.
- Researchers claim that people with unhealthy digestive tract do not produce butyric acid. As butyric acid is present in grass-fed cow ghee, it heals the digestive tract and helps in easy digestion of the food.
- Nutritionists and doctors believe that, organic ghee is loaded with essential amino acids. It helps in burning the fat cells to provide energy to the body and thus it becomes the perfect food to consume while trying to lose weight.
- Ghee is loaded with Vitamins like Vit A,D,E,K which keeps the individual healthy and cures various ailments.
- Consumption of pure ghee also enhances skin health and helps in reducing inflammation on skin.
- Organic Ghee can also be used externally as a beauty enhancer.
- It’s a versatile food supplement or fat source which is well tolerated by man.
Everyone cannot maintain the same diet plan. It differs from one individual to another. There can’t be a 100% yes or 100% no for following a particular diet. The positive aspect of adding pure ghee to your keto diet is its versatile benefits.
Besides the debates about whether grass-fed cow ghee is best for keto or not, you will find organic ghee in the various food recipes involved in the keto diet as it not only enhances the taste but also provides health benefits as well.
It is very important to eliminate unhealthy fats in your keto diet and just focus on healthy fats. The Keto diet concentrates on involving a good amount of fats in the diet as fat is also an important and essential component for the proper functioning of the body.
You can prepare pure ghee at home, click here to know more. You can buy grass-fed cow ghee online which is prepared by the Vedic process and only grass-fed cow’s milk is used in the preparation. Visit our website https://sureshfoods.com/ to know more.
According to the standard nutritional value of desi ghee, one teaspoon consists of around 135 calories obtained solely from fat. Possessing approximately 15 grams of entire fat and 9 grams of saturated fat, ghee consists of zero carbohydrates. Consistent consumption may even help minimize bad cholesterol.
Ghee surpasses butter in several factors for keto enthusiasts. With the minimal quantity of lactose and casein just after milk solids removal, ghee resists causing inflammation or triggering allergies. It is an appropriate substitute for those with lactose intolerance or dairy allergies in keto recipes that conventionally require butter.
Ghee is an outstanding fit for the keto diet due to its low carbohydrate consistency. With virtually zero carbs, utilizing ghee as a cooking fat or taste enhancer enables individuals to enjoy its rich taste without exceeding their routine carb limits.
Ghee sticks out as a keto-friendly dairy choice and a dependable source of saturated fats. Unlike butter, which consists of lactose and casein, ghee is free from such elements, creating it appropriate for those with lactose intolerance. Implementing ghee into keto-friendly recipes is an essential option for individuals ensuring a ketogenic diet.