Indian Kitchen has lots of ingredients that are being used as home remedies for various medical problems. Ghee is one of them, which is being used not only as medicine; but as a carrier of medicine too. Ayurveda described the medical use and benefits of desi cow ghee in your daily diet.
Pure bilona churn desi cow ghee, especially comes packed with essential nutrients that promote a healthy body. Sure, desi ghee is primarily saturated fats and can be unhealthy only if eaten in enormous amounts; which is why most health experts suggest eating no more than two teaspoons throughout the day.
We tell you why ghee may be a great ingredient for weight loss and belly fat and how one can use it to cut the bulge.
Benefits of Ghee :
- Rich in fat-soluble vitamins
- Goods for the eyes
- Ghee contains linoleic acid
- Source of short-chain fatty acids
- Helps stimulate gastric juices
- Revered as a medicinal fat by Ayurveda
- Nature provided moisturizer
- Rich in omega-3 fats (DHA) buts also in omega-6 (CLA)
Ghee For Weight Loss
Ghee contains conjugated linoleic acid, which is a type of omega-6 fatty acid, which when consumed daily not only helps in weight loss but also protects you from cancer. This fatty acid plays an important role in improving lean body mass along with reducing body fat while assisting in effective weight management.
5 Reasons why you should turn to Desi Ghee for Weight Loss
Contain Amino Acids: Nutritionists and doctors believe that since ghee is loaded with essential amino acids which helps in burning the fat cells to provide energy to the body, it becomes the perfect food to consume while trying to lose weight.
Improves Digestion: Desi cow ghee comes with a list of health benefits and one of them is good digestion. It acts as a lubricant in your body and makes digestion of food easier. It prevents inflammation and if it is consumed regularly, it prevents you from cancer.
Rich in Fat-Soluble Vitamins: The indigenous desi ghee is rich in fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, so this makes it a power component. While vitamins A and E are antioxidants, vitamin K controls the blood clots, and D is essential for bones.
Read More : Ghee for Mental Health
Immunity Enhancer: Desi cow ghee is rich in antioxidants that strengthen immunity and keep one away from seasonal allergies. If you consumed on a daily basis, ghee can improve focus and concentration levels.
Considered for Medicinal Purposes: Ayurveda gives credit to ghee for its medicinal properties. So it is recommended to saute the spice in a teaspoon of ghee. This not only stimulates hunger but also results in better absorption.
Omega-6 fats have been shown to help increase lean body mass while reducing fat mass. In addition, nutritionists also find that ghee helps in mobilising fat cells to be burnt for energy. All that helps in weight loss and weight management.
Studies found that including a bit of desi cow milk ghee in the everyday diet result in lowing the bad LDL cholesterol. Scientists postulated ghee to control cholesterol metabolism and hence a lower LDL reading.
- Ghee helps improve your digestive system and prevents swelling further, both of which play an important role in reducing weight.
- Ghee contains essential amino acids, which helps in mobilising fat and reduce the fat cells in size.
- In addition, ghee comes packed with a range of benefits, ranging from improving digestion to preventing inflammation, which can further help you lose weight.
- Omega-6 fatty acids can also help to increase lean body mass and reduce fat mass, which in turn helps to lose weight.
- Ghee is strengthening and removing toxins from our bodies. It contains butyric Acid with vitamins A, D, E, which boosts immunity, promotes gut health and strengthens your bones and teeth.
Desi Cow Ghee has more fats and calories which helps in gaining weight. You can use Pure Desi Cow Milk Ghee to increase your weight. It depends upon the amount of desi ghee consumed. If you consume in moderation then definitely it would benefit you as desi ghee is rich in saturated fat and also in vitamin A, D, E. Also, you can use milk with desi ghee for weight gain.
Symptoms Which Shows That You Need Weight Gain.
- Lose more than 10% of your body weight within six months
- Feeling tired all the time
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained changes in bowel habits
- Not feeling hungry or feeling full even after eating too little
How To Use Ghee To Gain weight
If you are feeling that you are losing weight without any disease, or there is some reason that you can opt for home remedies to gain weight. One of the easiest ways to increase body weight is to take sugar with desi ghee.
When consumed in moderate amounts of desi cow ghee made from Vedic process, It is good for weight loss, when you are consuming ghee in everyday meals, it helps to reduce the glycemic index of food that also avoid the risk of blood sugar levels, breast cancer, menopause for women health, control on cholesterol.
You can eat 1-2 teaspoons of ghee with dal-rice, khichdi, and dal-batter, Puran Poli, etc safely. While many people recommend eating ghee on an empty stomach as a result of weight loss. Following are the two ways of consuming ghee that results in weight loss.
Ghee with milk:
For people who are suffering from constipation, it is a major reason for bloating. When you are having digestion issues it causes physical problems like stomach pain and gas, Which leads to an increase in weight.
To deal with constipation, mixing a teaspoon of ghee in a gloss of warm milk gives a magical solution for constipation. You can also eat meals contaminated by a teaspoon of ghee over it as improved digestion aids in solution to weight gain.
Read More : Cow Ghee Benefits for Cold & Cough
Ghee with hot water:
The benefits of consuming ghee with hot water in the morning on empty stomach provide a remedy for stomach pain. By many studies, Ayurveda suggests drinking a tablespoon of ghee with warm water in the morning, as it helps in lubricating the joints, making hair softer and silkier, and for the nourishment of the body, it provides moisturizer. Also, it removes toxins for improving metabolism.
- Take 1 tablespoon of ghee and mix with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Consume this mixture slowly on empty half an hour before midday meal and dinner.
- Take regularly for a month to see a visible weight gain.
- Drink milk with ghee for weight gain